Jeera Rice Recipe
If you find this Jeera Rice cooking recipe is useful, please share with others.
Jeera Rice Recipe Ingredients
2 cups long grained rice
1/2 cup sliced onions
2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp salt
a few drops of lemon
2 tbsp oil
Jeera Rice Recipe Procedure
- Pick and wash the rice and soak for at least 1 an hour.
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, heat the oil and add the cumin seeds. When the cumin seeds begin to splutter, add the sliced onions and saute till transparent but not brown.
- Now add the rice and turn around a few times before adding 3 cups of water. Bring the mixture to a boil uncovered.
- When it comes to a boil, sprinkle a few drops of lemon cover the pan and lower the heat.
- The rice should cook in 10 minutes. In case you want it to cook slower, place a griddle or something under the pan after it has come to a boil and you have lowered the heat.
- Serve hot.