Punjabi Samosa Recipe
If you find this Punjabi Samosa cooking recipe is useful, please share with others.
Punjabi Samosa Recipe Ingredients
500 gm potatoes - boiled, peeled and chopped
500 gm maida (refined flour)
1/2 cup ghee or oil
5 gm ajwain
oil for deep frying the samosas
1/2 cup ghee
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp red chilli powder
2-3 green chillies
2 tsp ginger
1 tbp coriander leaves
1/3 cup green peas
2 tsp chaat masala powder
1 tsp fennel seeds
1/2 tsp garam masala
2 tbsp chopped cashew nuts
Punjabi Samosa Recipe Procedure
- Chop the green chillies, ginger and the coriander leaves. Mix all the ingredients for the dough except water and rub thoroughly.
- Sprinkle water and make a hard dough. Set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into round portions as per the size of the samosas required.
- Heat the ghee and add cumin, when crackling add ginger and saute. Add the rest of the ingredients excluding the final four and saut?or five minutes.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients, including the potatoes and mix well. Roll each portion of dough into a thin oval shape cut into 2 semi-circles.
- Take a semi-circle. Apply water on the straight edge of the semi-circle. Hold the semi-circle in your hand, fold the straight edge, bringing together the watered edges, seal the watered edges into a triangular pocket.
- Stuff the potato mixture and then seal the upper edges. Repeat with the rest.
- Deep fry in oil till golden brown and serve.