Moong Daal Samosa Recipe
If you find this Moong Daal Samosa cooking recipe is useful, please share with others.
Moong Daal Samosa Recipe Ingredients
Samosa Pastry (Covering)
2 cups refined flour-sifted
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp oil
cold water to knead
3 cup husked green gram (moong daal)-soaked in water for 3-4 hours
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/8 tsp asafetida
3 tsp garam masala
3 tsp chilli powder
2 tbsp powdered fennel seeds
2 tsp coriander powder
salt to taste
1 1/2 tsp mango powder
Moong Daal Samosa Recipe Procedure
- For the Samosa, add the salt to the flour, and rub the oil into it. Add water and knead into a stiff dough (It is important for the dough to be stiff). Leave to rest for 15 minutes or so.
- Shape dough into smooth balls, and roll the balls into thin rounds.
- Cut these into halves. Take one half, wet the edges, and fold the straight edge at the center and join by one half overlapping the other to form into a cone.
- Press the overlapping portion, and fill the cone with desired filling, and press the edges together to seal.
- The oil should be hot when you add the samosas to it, then lower the heat and let cook till brown.
- For the filling, grind the lentils coarsely. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and add the cumin seeds and asafetida. When they begin to splutter, add the lentils and the rest of the ingredients, which make up the filling.
- Saut?ver low heat till the mixture is well fried. It will stop sticking to the pan when done. Take mixture off heat and leave to cool.