If you find this Poha/Chivda cooking recipe is useful, please share with others.
Poha/Chivda Recipe Ingredients
1 cup poha/chidva
1 tbsp oil
1/8 tsp asafoetida
1 tsp mustard seeds
8-10 curry leaves
2-3 whole red chillies
1/2 cup potatoes-diced small
1/2 tsp turmeric
2 tsp salt
1 tsp green chillies-finely chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
lemon wedges-for garnish
Poha/Chivda Recipe Procedure
- Put rice in a colander and wash, not letting it soak too long in the water. Leave in the colander to drain out completely.
- Heat the oil and add the asafoetida, mustard seeds, curry leaves and the whole red chillies.
- When the seeds begin to splutter, add potatoes, and turn around till they look a bit glossy. Add turmeric and saut?ver low heat till the potatoes are cooked through.
- Increase the heat, add salt and poha and mix well. Saut?ill mixed and heated through.
- Shut off the heat, and mix in the green chillies, lemon juice and half of the coriander leaves.
- Transfer on to a serving dish, garnish with the rest of the coriander leaves and lemon wedges, and serve.