If you find this Appams cooking recipe is useful, please share with others.
Appams Recipe Ingredients
* 3 cups rice
* 3/4 cup Urad Daal Dhuli
* 1 tbsp fenugreek seeds
1 cup coconut-grated
1 tsp salt
small, shallow kadahi - 6"-8" diameter on top
oil to cook the appams
* soak the rice, daal and fenugreek seeds together for four hours.
Appams Recipe Procedure
- Drain the water out of the daal mixture and grind together with the coconut and salt.
- Leave to ferment 6-7 hours, or overnight.
- When fermented, add enough water to make it a pouring consistency.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in the kadahi maker, swirl it around and pour off extra oil.
- When hot, pour about 1/4 cup batter in the kadahi. Turn the kadahi around swiftly, to let a thin layer rise up to cover the sides of the kadahi also. The center is thicker.
- Cover, lower the heat and cook, till the edges start lifting (about a minute).
- Uncover, ease out the appam thus formed and transfer on to a serving plate.
- Continue thus with the rest of the batter. You might have to grease again only after 3-4 appams.