Poha/ Chivda Recipe
If you find this Poha/ Chivda cooking recipe is useful, please share with others.
Poha/ Chivda Recipe Ingredients
1 cup poha/chivda
1 tbsp oil 1/8 tsp asafoetida 1 tsp mustard seeds 8-10 curry leaves 2-3 whole red chillies
1/2 cup potatoes-diced small 1/2 tsp turmeric 2 tsp salt green chillies-finely chopped 1 tbsp lemon juice 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
lemon wedges for garnish
Poha/ Chivda Recipe Procedure
- Put rice in a colander and wash, not letting it soak too long in the water. Leave in the colander to drain out completely.
- Heat the oil and add the asafoetida, mustard seeds, curry leaves and the red chillies.
- When seeds begin to splutter, add potatoes, and turn around till they look a bit glossy. Add the turmeric and saute over low heat till the potatoes are cooked through.
- Increase the heat, add salt and poha and mix well. Saute till mixed and heated through.
- Shut off the heat, and mix in the green chillies, lemon juice and half of the coriander.
- Transfer on to a serving dish, garnish with the rest of the coriander and lemon wedges, and serve.
- Note: Some people like to fry finely chopped onions along with the potatoes, or also peas.