Raan Mussallam Recipe
If you find this Raan Mussallam cooking recipe is useful, please share with others.
Raan Mussallam Recipe Ingredients
raan (leg of lamb - thigh portion)
1 cup yoghurt
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1 cup boiled onion paste
1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1 tsp kachri powder
2 bay leaves
1 tsp peppercorns
4 black cardamom seeds
2 tbsp clarified butter
1 tsp salt or to taste
5-6 small potatoes - whole, peeled, pricked
5-6 small onions-whole, peeled, pricked
almonds chopped and some raisins - for garnishing
Raan Mussallam Recipe Procedure
- Make deep cuts into the leg on both sides, so that the marinade seeps in well.
- Mix the yoghurt, garlic, chilli powder and kachri together. Rub well into the leg of mutton. Leave thus marinated overnight.
- Put the bay leaf, peppercorns, cloves and the cardamom in a dish, large enough to take in the raan, and cook, covered, at HI for 2 minutes.
- Add the ghee and onion paste, mix well and cook at HI uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring twice or till the onions become light brown.
- Add salt to the marinated meat and place the meat in the dish. Turn upside down to coat the piece well, with the onion mixture. Cook uncovered on HI for 12 minutes, turning once.
- Add the remaining marinade, cover and cook at 30% for 20 minutes, turning twice, basting with the drippings each time.
- Add the potatoes and onions. Cook covered at 30 per cent for 20 minutes, turning and basting once. Check to see if done, cook longer if not.
- To be served with a little gravy. If it has dried up then add some water and cook some more to obtain desired consistency. Garnish with almonds and raisins and serve.