Moong Daal Halwa Recipe
If you find this Moong Daal Halwa cooking recipe is useful, please share with others.
Moong Daal Halwa Recipe Ingredients
1/2 cup husked green gram (dhuli moong ki daal)-soaked in water 5-6 hours
1/2 cup ghee
1/2 cup sugar-mixed with milk and water
1/2 cup milk
1 cup water
1/4 tsp powdered chhoti elaichi
2 tbsp slivered and roasted almonds
Moong Daal Halwa Recipe Procedure
- Wash daal and grind coarsely, in a food processor or a grinding stone.
- Heat the milk mixture to dissolve the sugar, bring to a boil and keep hot till needed.
- In a heavy kadahi, mix ghee and daal, and stir fry over low heat till fried well.
- Add milk mixture to the fried daal and stir well to mix together. Cook over low heat till the liquid is absorbed, and once again stir-fry till the fat separates.
- Mix in the cardamom powder and half the almonds. Transfer on to a serving dish, decorate with the rest of the almonds and serve hot.