If you find this Payesh cooking recipe is useful, please share with others.
Payesh Recipe Ingredients
1/2 cup basmati rice
2 litres milk
4 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp rice
1 tbsp ghee
2 green cardamom
almonds-sliced, to garnish
cashew nuts-chopped to garnish
few drops rosewater
Payesh Recipe Procedure
- Wash and wipe the rice and dry it on a plate and leave aside.
- Heat milk in a large pan. Simmer till it is reduced to 3 quarters of its original volume. Add a tbsp of ghee to the washed rice and mix it. Add the rice to the milk.
- Put in the sugar when the rice is slightly tender. Continue cooking until milk is reduced to half its volume and starts thickening.
- Now add the raisins, almonds, and chopped cashew nuts, green cardamom powder.
- Remove from heat and add the rosewater. Cool and serve.