If you find this Malpua cooking recipe is useful, please share with others.
Malpua Recipe Ingredients
1 cup khoya
1/4 cup arrowroot
1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp cardamom-powdered
1/4 tsp black pepper powder
ghee for pan frying
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
almonds-blanched, shredded to garnish
Malpua Recipe Procedure
- Blend the khoya and arrowroot together, add cardamom and pepper powder.
- Mix in milk, a little at a time, enough to form a thick batter of dropping consistency.
- In a broad pan, dissolve sugar over low flame in the water, stirring continuously but not letting it come to a boil.
- Once dissolved, increase the flame and let the syrup cook till a drop on the thumb, pressed with a finger and pulled apart from its 'thread'. If not, dilute and cook some more. Keep warm.
- Heat a thick layer of ghee, drop equivalent to a tablespoon of the batter into it, lower the flame and cook till light brown on both sides. Lift out of the pan and drop into the sugar syrup.
- Repeat step 5 till all the batter is used up. Lift out the malpuas from the sugar syrup and transfer to a serving dish. Serve hot garnished with almonds.