If you find this Imarti cooking recipe is useful, please share with others.
Imarti Recipe Ingredients
2 cups dhuli urad dal (husked Bengal Gram)-soaked in water overnight
3 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 tsp cardamom ground
500 gm ghee to fry
Imarti Recipe Procedure
- Wash, drain and grind the daal with minimum water (should be thick). Mix in the colour.
- Beat daal well till fluffy, a drop dropped in water should float.
- Keep aside to ferment for 3-4 hours in Summer, more in Winter.
- Dissolve sugar in the water over low heat, stirring continuously till sugar is dissolved (do not let it come to a boil before that). Cook till one thread consistency (a drop pressed between fingers and pulled apart, should form a thin thread). Add cardamom powder
- Pipe the batter with a nozzle or cloth with a hole, to form imartis straight into the hot ghee. Lower flame and allow to crisp turning once.
- Remove from ghee, drop into the hot syrup for 3-4 minutes, drain and serve.