Moong Daal Ki Barfi (Lentil Sweet) Recipe
If you find this Moong Daal Ki Barfi (Lentil Sweet) cooking recipe is useful, please share with others.
Moong Daal Ki Barfi (Lentil Sweet) Recipe Ingredients
1 cup split and husked green gram (dhuli moong ki daal)-soaked in water 5-6 hours
1 cup ghee
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
50 gm khoya
a greased plate to set the barfi in
1/4 tsp powdered green cardamom
2 tbsp slivered and roasted almonds
2 sheets of vark (silver leaves) if you so desire
Moong Daal Ki Barfi (Lentil Sweet) Recipe Procedure
- Drain and grind daal coarsely. (Slightly more coarse than the texture of fine sand.
- In a heavy kadahi, mix the ghee and the daal, and place over low heat. Stir-fry till brown and the fat separates. Remove from the kadhai and add khoya in the same kadhai and stir-fry till it is a smooth consistency and lightly colored.
- Mix the daal, elaichi and khoya and keep aside to cool.
- In another pan place the sugar and water over low heat stirring till the sugar dissolves, taking care not to let it come to boil, before that. Once the sugar dissolves, increase the heat and bring to a boil and let the syrup cook till thick, and a drop of it dropped on a cold surface or a cup of cold water, sets at once, into a firm lump.
- Take the pan off the heat and mix immediately into the cooled daal mixture, stirring vigorously and quickly, to blend well.
- Transfer on to the greased plate, pat to level, garnish with the vark and almonds and leave to cool. When cool and set, cut into desired sized pieces, using a sharp knife.