If you find this Jalebi cooking recipe is useful, please share with others.
Jalebi Recipe Ingredients
1/2 cup maida
1/4 cup dahi (yogurt) preferably sour
ghee for deep frying
a strong polythene bag for piping out the jalebis
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups water
Jalebi Recipe Procedure
- Mix flour and dahi, to form a paste of dropping consistency, adding water if necessary. Cover and leave to ferment for 6-7 hours.
- Dissolve sugar in the water, over low heat, then cook over high heat till slightly thick---one thread consistency. Keep aside, warm, till you fry the jalebis.
- Heat the ghee and fill the bag with the batter. Twist the opening to seal the bag. Snip a corner to make a small hole.
- Hold the bag over the hot ghee and pipe out swirls (like whirlpools), straight into it. Lower the heat to medium and turn the jalebis over and fry till a light brown on both sides.
- Lift out of the ghee and put into the syrup, leave thus for a minute or so, and lift out again and serve.