Summery Lime-Mango Shortcakes Recipe
If you find this Summery Lime-Mango Shortcakes cooking recipe is useful, please share with others.
Summery Lime-Mango Shortcakes Recipe Ingredients
Mangoes - 2 ripe and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
Fresh blueberries - 3/4 cup
Fresh strawberries - 1 cup sliced
Lime juice - 1 1/2 teaspoons
Honey - 1 tablespoon
Unflavored gelatin -1/2 teaspoon
Water - 1 tablespoon
Heavy cream - 1 cup
Confectioners' sugar - 2 tablespoons
All-purpose flour - 2 1/2 cups
Baking powder - 3 1/2 teaspoons
White sugar - 1/4 cup
Grated lime zest - 1 tablespoon
Poppy seeds - 1 tablespoon
Salt - 1 1/2 teaspoons
Vegetable shortening - 1/2 cup
Egg - 1
Buttermilk - 1 cup
Summery Lime-Mango Shortcakes Recipe Procedure
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and spread a baking sheet.
- Mix mango, blueberries, and strawberries in a large bowl.,Add lime juice and honey, mix well.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the water in a large heatproof glass or metal bowl.
- Let soak for 5 minutes. Place bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring often until dissolved. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate until cool, about 10 minutes.
- Beat cream in the large bowl with an electric mixer. When cream begins to thicken, sprinkle in confectioners' sugar and coconut extract.
- Mix in cooled gelatin all at once. Whip until soft peaks form. Cover and refrigerate.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, white sugar, lime zest, poppy seeds, and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut in the shortening with a knife or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Beat the egg and buttermilk in a small bowl; lightly stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Turn out onto a floured work surface; knead 3 to 4 times, or until dough just comes together.
- Roll to 1/2 inch thickness; cut with a 3 inch round biscuit cutter.
- Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake shortcakes in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 to 18 minutes.
- Allow cooling slightly split each cake in half horizontally.
- To assemble, arrange fruit on the bottom half of each cake.
- Spoon or pipe cream evenly over fruit. Top each with remaining biscuit halves.