Bread Halwa Recipe
If you find this Bread Halwa cooking recipe is useful, please share with others.
Bread Halwa Recipe Ingredients
Ghee (clarified butter) - 1/2 cup
Loaf bread – 1
Cardamoms (elachi) powder - one spoon
Almonds (badam) – 10
Cashewnuts – 10
Milk - 2 cups
Sugar - 1 cup (increase or decrease as for taste)
Bread Halwa Recipe Procedure
- Cut the bread into small sized pieces.
- Light the stove Heat a pan and add ghee.
- Add the bread pieces in the hot ghee and fry them till they turn a golden brown.
- Grind elachi, almonds and cashew nuts (leave a few toasted almonds and cashew nuts aside for garnish) to a fine paste.
- Meanwhile boil the milk, add sugar and keep stirring it till it blends into the milk.
- Add the fried bread pieces and the remaining ghee to this mixture.
- Let it simmer till the bread pieces turn soft and cook in the milk mixture.
- Combine the nuts paste and Garnish with the toasted almonds and cashew nuts.
- Serve hot or chilled and it can be store for 2 days.