Stuffed Aubergines with Lamb Recipe
If you find this Stuffed Aubergines with Lamb cooking recipe is useful, please share with others.
Stuffed Aubergines with Lamb Recipe Ingredients
2 medium aubergines
1 medium onion-sliced
1 tsp ginger-grated
1 medium tomato-chopped
1 medium green pepper-roughly chopped
1 medium orange pepper-roughly chopped
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 garlic clove-crushed
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp coriander powder
350 gm lamb-minced
2 tbsp fresh coriander-chopped
2 cherry tomatoes-quartered
fresh coriander sprigs
Stuffed Aubergines with Lamb Recipe Procedure
- Cut the aubergines in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh.
- Brush the shells with a little vegetable oil.
- In a medium saucepan, heat a tbsp of oil and fry the sliced onion till it turns a golden brown.
- Stir in the grated ginger, chilli powder, garlic, turmeric, salt and ground coriander.
- Add the chopped tomato and lower the heat and cook for 5 minutes stirring continuously.
- Add the minced lamb to the saucepan and continue to cook over a medium heat for about 10 minutes. Stir in the chopped fresh peppers and the fresh coriander.
- Spoon the lamb mixture into the aubergine shells and brush the edges of the shell with the remaining oil.
- Cook under a medium grill for 20 minutes until it is cooked through.
- Allow it to cool before packing and garnish at the picnic site before serving.