If you find this Tiramisu cooking recipe is useful, please share with others.
Tiramisu Recipe Ingredients
8-10 pieces sponge cake
300 gm mascarpone cheese
cream cheese - optional
3 egg yolks
1 cup whipped fresh cream
200 gm icing sugar
300 gm granular sugar - optional
1/2 cup espresso or strong brewed coffee
1 tbsp sweet rum
1 tbsp sugar
1 litre fresh cream
1 tsp vinegar or lemon juice
Tiramisu Recipe Procedure
- To prepare mascarpone cheese, add vinegar or lemon juice to the fresh cream. Heat till the cream becomes thick with small flecks.
- Drain and hang in muslin cloth for atleast two days.
- To prepare tiramisu, take egg yolks in a bowl and whip them with icing sugar. Add mascarpone, mix well and let it rest for five minutes.
- Now gently fold in the whipped cream.
- In a seperate bowl, mix sweet rum with espresso coffee and sugar. Keep aside.
- Arrange the pieces of sponge cake in a dish. Soak them with coffee mixture. Spread the mascarpone mixture on top followed by another layer of sponge cake.
- Soak it again with the coffee mixture. Add another layer of mascarpone.
- Dust it generously with cocoa powder and refrigerate for half an hour. Serve.