Turkish Baklava Recipe
If you find this Turkish Baklava cooking recipe is useful, please share with others.
Turkish Baklava Recipe Ingredients
Sweetened Water (Sherbet)
5 cups sugar
3.5 cups water
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Dough for Baklava
1 kg flour
1 cup starch
2 tsp salt
1/2 cup water
1 cup crushed pistachio
2 cups melted butter
Turkish Baklava Recipe Procedure
- For the sherbet, boil water and sugar in a pan. Add lemon juice and keep aside.
- For the baklava, mix eggs, salt, flour and water in a bowl and knead to make dough. Leave for 15 minutes to mature.
- Now divide into equal portions and roll out into layers of thin sheets while dusting with starch.
- In a baking tray, arrange 10 of these pastry sheets one over the other. Spread crushed pistachio on top and layer with another 10 thin pastry sheets. You can make one more layer if you wish to.
- Pour melted butter over the layered pastry sheets and cut into small squares. Bake for 45 minutes in a pre- heated oven.
- Once done, remove from the oven and let it cool. Now, pour hot sherbet over cold baklavas and let it get completely absorbed. Sprinkle with pistachio and serve.