Tira Misu (Italian) Recipe
If you find this Tira Misu (Italian) cooking recipe is useful, please share with others.
Tira Misu (Italian) Recipe Ingredients
5 eggs - separated
1 cup sugar
500 gm cream cheese
500 gm cream
24 sponge fingers OR
250 gm sponge cake - cut into strips
1 cup coffee liqueur-mixed with 1 cup strong coffee
cocoa powder for garnish
a round glass dish about 10 inches
Tira Misu (Italian) Recipe Procedure
- Beat egg yolks and sugar till creamy.
- Beat cream cheese smooth and fold in the cream and egg mixture to mix well.
- Beat egg whites till stiff and fold into the mixture.
- Dip 1 the sponge fingers/strips into the liqueur and coffee mixture and layer the bottom of the dish.
- Put 1 of the cream mixture and layer with the rest of the sponge fingers.
- Top with the rest of the cream mixture, smoothen to even out and leave to set 6 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, dust the cocoa over it through a fine sieve.