Jujubes (Turkish) Recipe
If you find this Jujubes (Turkish) cooking recipe is useful, please share with others.
Jujubes (Turkish) Recipe Ingredients
1 cup water
2 cups sugar
2.5 tbsp gelatin
1 cup cold water
1 cup orange juice
1 cup lemon juice
food coloring as desired
an 8" square pan, greased
castor (powdered sugar) or coating or if you want granulated sugar
Jujubes (Turkish) Recipe Procedure
- Sprinkle the gelatine on to the 1 cup of cold water and leave to soften.
- Cook water and sugar to a hard ball consistency (a drop of it dropped in a cupful of cold water should immediately form into a hard lump.)
- Take the syrup off the heat and add the gelatine, juices, and colouring at once. Mix and strain through a fine sieve.
- Pour into the prepared pan and leave to set.
- When firm, cut into desired sized squares, roll in the sugar and serve.