Tandoori Chicken Recipe
If you find this Tandoori Chicken cooking recipe is useful, please share with others.
Tandoori Chicken Recipe Ingredients
4 skinned Chicken Quarters
2 tblsp Lemon Juice
1 Garlic Clove
1 inch piece peeled and coarsely chopped Fresh Ginger
1 Green chilli
1 tblsp Water
4 tblsp Natural Yogurt
1 tsp Grouna Cumin
1 tsp Garam masala
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Salt
A few drop of Yellow Food Coloring
2 tblsp melted Ghee
For garnishing: Lemon Wedges
Tandoori Chicken Recipe Procedure
- Make 3-4 cuts in each chicken quarter using a knife.
- Put the chicken in an ovenproof dish.
- Combine lemon juice.
- Rub it into the incisions.
- Cover it.
- Let it marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Combine garlic, ginger and green chilli and water in a blender.
- Grind to make a smooth paste like mixture.
- Combine the paste to yogurt, ground cumin, garam masala, paprika, salt, food coloring and the melted ghee.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Spread them over marinated chicken pieces
- . Coat the pieces with the yogurt marinade.
- Cover it.
- Let it marinate at room temperature for about 5 hours.
- Turn once or twice maximum.
- Place chicken in a oven at 325 F.
- Let it roast for 1 hour.
- Bast frequently and turn once.
- The chicken should be tender and most of the marinade should be evaporated.
- Then grill the chicken over hot charcoal.
- Garnish it with lemon wedges and onion rings.