Salli Chicken Recipe
If you find this Salli Chicken cooking recipe is useful, please share with others.
Salli Chicken Recipe Ingredients
8 medium pieces (about 800 grams) of chicken
Salt and freshly milled pepper to taste
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon curry powder or hot spice mix (garam masala) powder
1 teaspoon ginger paste
2 teaspoons garlic paste
3 tablespoons oil
2 bay leaves
1-teaspoon cumin seeds
2 onions chopped
2 teaspoons red chilly paste
2 teaspoons coriander Powder
3 large tomatoes finely chopped or grated
2 cup(s) deep fried potato straws (salli)
Finely chopped fresh coriander to garnish
Salli Chicken Recipe Procedure
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed saucepan. Add the bay leaves and cumin seeds. Fry till the cumin seeds crackle. Add the onions and fry for about 4 minutes or till the onions are golden brown.
- Add the red chilly paste, remaining ginger and garlic pastes. Fry for about 2 minutes. Add the coriander powder and the remaining curry powder. Fry for a few seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and fry for about 5 minutes or till a thick gravy is formed.
- Add the chicken and salt to taste. Mix well. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook on low heat for about 15 minutes or till chicken is well cooked and the gravy is thick.
- Garnish with the potato straws (salli) just before serving.