Butter Chicken Recipe
Learn how to prepare homemade Butter Chicken recipe at home yourself with easy procedure and discover how Butter Chicken is good for health @ GumaGumalu. By
800 grams of chicken cut into pieces (preferably boneless)
1 tablespoon slightly sour yogurt (optional)
1-tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice
1 teaspoon each of coriander, cumin and red chilly powders
1 onion chopped and made into a paste (optional)
2 teaspoon each of ginger, garlic pastes
Salt to taste
A few drops of edible orange-red color (optional)
For the Gravy
4 large tomatoes chopped
4 tablespoons butter
1-tablespoon fresh cream
1 teaspoon each of coriander, cumin, red chilly and black pepper powders
2 teaspoon each of finely chopped ginger and green chilies
Salt and sugar to taste
Melted butter, fresh cream and finely chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- Heat half the butter on medium level in a heavy-bottomed pan and put in the chicken along with the marinade.
- cover and cook for about 25 minute(s) or till the chicken is fully cooked.
- After the liquids have evaporated, stir fry the chicken for some time in the residual fat.
- Heat the remaining butter in a saucepan and add the red chilli, coriander, cumin and black pepper powders.
- Fry for a few seconds.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, sugar, salt and cook uncovered on medium level for about 7 minutes till the puree thickens and the fat separates.
- Stir in the beaten cream and reduce the heat to low.
- Add the chicken, chopped ginger and green chillies to the simmering gravy.
- Sprinkle salt to taste if needed. Mix well. Cover and simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes or till the curry is thoroughly heated through.
- Just before serving pour melted butter over the curry.
- Garnish with a swirl of fresh cream and finely chopped coriander leaves.
Print this Butter Chicken Recipe - try this homemade Butter Chicken Cooking Recipes at your home. For more Food Court recipes, browse your favorite in Recipes directory, Special recipes, Food Court recipes & recipe articles in Guma Gumalu Recipes Directory